A welcome note

Welcome to my blog.



Viva

Viva

Wednesday 1 April 2009

David Byrne



Well it is at times like this I wish I had a way with words. This was one of the best concerts I have ever been at. David Byrne mixed his new material with tracks written mostly with Eno through his Talking Heads days.

In addition to a stunning band which made the 5 pieces sound like 10 or 15 his use of the talents of the backing singers together with a 3 piece dance group all wonderfully choreograped into one set was just amazing.

I took some clips on my phone having forgotten to pick my cameras out of the boot of the car! Curses. I will try and add these at sometime tomorrow (now added).

In the meantime the reviews are found here and trust me if you get the chance to go to a future date....please take it!

http://www.davidbyrne.com/tours/reviews/index.php





Updated : I have added in a wee clip and a photo, pretty poor quality and my apologies for that!




As a further wee update check this great site and work out by artist Jenny Soep

http://jennysoep.blogspot.com/2009/03/whole-host-of-byrne.html

Set List:

Main Set: Strange Overtones, I Zimbra, Life Is Long, Help Me Somebody, The River, Houses In Motion, My Big Nurse, My Big Hands (Fall Through The Cracks), Heaven, One Fine Day, Crosseyed And Painless, Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On), Once In A Lifetime, Life During Wartime, I Feel My Stuff.
1st Encore: Take Me To The River, The Great Curve.
2nd Encore: Air, Burning Down The House.
3rd Encore: Everything That Happens.

Glasgow Herald review here:

http://www.theherald.co.uk/search/display.var.2499285.0.david_byrne_glasgow_royal_concert_hall.php

No comments:

Post a Comment