A welcome note

Welcome to my blog.



Viva

Viva

Thursday 7 May 2020

SCM - Artist of the week #1 - Ashley McBryde

Never one to let a good idea pass me by (plagiarism I think it is called) over on facebook a group of fans have a "Scottish Country Mafia" page which discusses country music, gigs etc. It is a good page with lots of people way more knowledgeable about Country music than me.

They have an artist of the week so on an occasional post I will simply copy some of their shares.

First up is Ashley McBryde who I do not know an awful lot about except to say she has done it the hard way as far as I can make out, working her way up through the industry. Her albums have grown in confidence and popularity and I saw her described as someone who makes "brutal honesty sound as bright as hell*. Her signature songs, "Girl Goin' Nowhere," and the excellent"American Scandal".
 which is an absolute favourite.

Due to lack of knowledge I wont say too much more but here are some of her  tracks which I hope you enjoy:






No comments:

Post a Comment