A welcome note

Welcome to my blog.



Viva

Viva

Wednesday 6 May 2020

Get It On #1 - Songs which reference books.

I thought a good idea, one which I should have done before, would be to mirror suggestions I make to BBC Scotland Get In On show. If you don't know thw format is a theme every night Mon-Thursday. I have been contributing for years and this should give a good flavor of the kind of things I like I suppose.

First up is "songs which reference books". The obvious is the Bible but I am up with two of my all time favourite artists, Bruce Springsteen and David Bowie.



I am not sure if there is an official video for this track, I happen not to like the version with Tom Morello as I find his guitar really intrusive and the song is taken from a moody reflective piece to a bit of not very good stadium rock. In my opinion of course.

Bowie is, well 80's Bowie in this one but I love it:





Bonus track!


No comments:

Post a Comment