A welcome note

Welcome to my blog.



Viva

Viva

Sunday 17 May 2020

Rodney Crowell - It Ain't Over Yet

Did I mention that Michael and I saw Rodney Crowell in Nashville....thought so.

He is a long time favourite of mine, an absolutely superb songwriter and excellent live performer, and seems to be a thoroughly decent caring guy. Going by some of his blogs recently he seems to be having challenges with the lockdown. We all are to some extent.

I heard this again recently on Ricky Ross Another Country show. It is just a brilliant song and very "Rodney" in my opinion. Love it and Roseanne Cash gets better with every year and release. I do not know much about John Paul White but will be looking him up.

I love these lyrics and I totally relate:

t's like I'm sitting at a bus stop waiting for a train
Exactly how I got here is hard to explain
My heart's in the right place, what's left of it I guess
My heart ain't the problem, it's my mind that's a total mess


I post a live version from Nashville at the great City Winery and the superb official video along with a wee bonus track.




The official video




Bonus track with his long time collaborator Emmylou:



No comments:

Post a Comment