A welcome note

Welcome to my blog.



Viva

Viva

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Blue Rose Code Water of Leith

Ross Wilson, aka Blue Rose Code, has new material coming out soon with the single Starlit being played along with some chat tonight on Another Country with Ricky Ross.

To my absolute shame I went to a great gig in Biggar with a couple of good friends, and although I had seen him a couple of times before it was a special night as Ross was living and recording in Biggarat the time. Anyway I dutifully bought the Water of Leith  lp and couldn't wait to play it, but it got caught up in some general madness at the time and by co-incidence I dug it out at the weekend and it is even better than I recalled, highly recommended.

I think he is fairly unique with a blend of folk, country, celtic and rock. Reminds me of some of Van's best material - but different.

I hope you like these tracks, the whole album is just so....evocative.






No comments:

Post a Comment