A welcome note

Welcome to my blog.



Viva

Viva

Friday 23 March 2018

Bob Dylan - Trouble No More

Ok love him or loathe him there is no denying that Dylan's trio of "gospel" albums are a pivotal moment in his career - and in my view completely underrated.
 
Each album has at least several great tracks and Shot of Love is superb from start to finish (its not totally a Gospel album though).



At 108 tracks I would suggest stick to the 2Cd edition - however I have to say this is an astonishing Live Document. I ordered the 6lp vinyl set which also has 2 CD's and this allows you to "autorip" the full 108 tracks - you don't get the concert DVD but it is much cheaper than the £140 box set! It does have the added bonus of the worst artwork in the planet! Anyway...



Dylan's voice is powerful, the band and backing singers just incredible. The live versions add so much to the studio ones I am amazed that a Live album was not released before now. The set also has a smattering of outtakes and rehearsal versions of unreleased songs.

Really worth checking out.

 
Solid Rock
 
 
Pressing On
 
 
Every Grain of Sand (much later version)

No comments:

Post a Comment