A welcome note

Welcome to my blog.



Viva

Viva

Sunday 16 August 2009

Nanci Griffith - The Loving Kind




I picked up the new Nanci Griffith album during the week and after a few plays I would say it is pretty good and generally a return to form, I think she seems to have gone back to basics a little bit and has done away with the overwrought and overproduced arrangements which have characterised her work, probably since Late Night Grande Hotel.




In the sleeve notes, Griffith frankly acknowledges: ''During the past few years, I'd lost something in my heart for writing songs'', and harmony vocalist Peter Cooper says he realised part way through the making of The Loving Kind that, ''Nanci Griffith was writing folk songs again''.




The songs are simple and uplifting for the most part and in feel it reminds me a lot of Little Love Affairs.




The track listing is as follows:





1 The Loving Kind
2 Money Changes Everything
3 One of These Days
4 Up Against the Rain
5 Cotton
6 Not Innocent Enough
7 Across America
8 Party Girl
9 Sing
10 Things I Don't Need
11 Still Life
12 Tequila After Midnight
13 Pour Me a Drink
This EPK should give you agreat feel for the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment