A welcome note

Welcome to my blog.



Viva

Viva

Tuesday 6 February 2018

Josh Kelley - King Tuts

It is not very often you go to a gig where you literally know nothing about the artist and haven't heard a single song....and yet love the gig.

Josh Kelley at King Tuts was such a night. Armed only with his guitar, a great voice and amazing songs Josh Kelley was an absolute treat. I loved the fact that he gave it his all to what was a small but hugely appreciative audience (maybe 150 people) who all seemed very familiar with his work. He is a pretty amusing guy as well with a friendly sense of humour and he was very appreciative of the fact that a lot of the audience knew his deeper cuts.

I don't have a setlist but standout tracks for me were Georgia Clay, Its Your Move, One Foot In The Grave and Almost Honest.

He does a pretty good version of I'm On Fire.

He has, to my ears, a good mix of styles about him. Mostly Country / Americana but I was getting quite a lot of Jackson Browne in some of the songs.

Well worth checking him out.

If I can track down some live videos I will post them.



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment